For example, some children do not eat anything at all. These children may be fed through tubes. Some children eat very little and do not gain weight or grow. Some children do not have a healthy or balanced diet because they only eat a few or certain kinds of foods. In some cases, a child may have behavior problems during meals that cause mealtime to be very stressful for the family. Other children have problems with chewing or swallowing. Finally, medical problems such as vomiting may play a role in a child’s feeding disorder.
Our feeding clinic can help your child:
- Learn proper meal time behavior
- Improve their oral motor skills
- Learn to chew properly
- Decrease their fear of food
- Learn proper swallowing techniques
- Tolerate a variety of foods
- Accept foods of different textures, scents and flavors
Request information about this or any other Upward "Family of Caring" program.